Software Engineer (Go)
We are looking for a Software Engineer who specialises in Go (GoLang) with a strong understanding of how best to leverage Go’s unique paradigms, idioms and syntax. Needs to have a passion for building great products with solid engineering practices using the latest technologies. You would also be working on technical tasks to improve our backend application architecture for performance, scalability and robustness while making use of the latest technologies, reducing complexity and making development easier. A successful candidate will need to be organised, motivated and get things done. Want to work in a startup environment, doing a bit of everything and taking ownership of what he will be working on.
- Translating software requirements into stable, working and high performant software.
- Improving the platform performance
- Write easy to maintain code.
- Suggest improvements and new solutions for current and new features to add
- Be always informed about new and upcoming technologies
- Play a key role in architectural and design decisions, building towards an efficient micro services distributed architecture.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong knowledge of Go programming language, paradigms, constructs, and idioms
- Knowledge of common Go routine and channel patterns
- Experience with the full site of Go frameworks and tools, including:
- Gorilla Mux,
- Echo (High performance minimalist web framework)
- Ability to write clean and effective Godoc comments
- Good knowledge of dependency injection
- Good understanding of gRPC
- Familiarity with code versioning tools, such as Git (GitHub)
- Experience with cloud architectures (GCP or AWS).
- Experience with TDD or BDD
- Ability to write quality testable code
Ideally Applicants have:
- Experience using Data Store, Elastic search
- Experience with reactive programing, streams + collections, Functional programing
- Comfortable both with SOAP and RestFul APIs integration architectures;
- Experience in High availability, Scalable software architecture design and review;
- Experience with Scala + Spark + Kafka
- Experience with Big Query
- Experience with Pub/Sub
- Experience with Data Flow
- Experience with Python 3.7 or above
If you feel you have the knowledge and skills to excel in this role, we would love to hear from you. To apply through email, click the "Apply" button or address an email to:
Subject Line: Date (DD/MM/YYYY) Last Name, Job Title
Include: Resume, Cover letter